Contact us for further information.
RDM EC7000i Series
RDM EC7000i Series is the industry’s first feature-rich, low cost, two-sided scanner. With its small footprint, connectivity to the most popular POS terminals, and industry leading MICR and image technology, the EC7000i Series provides a low cost, two-sided imaging solution for merchants and low volume billers who want to take advantage of the opportunities presented by Cheque 21.
The EC7000i Series scanners feature a standard USB port, in addition to a wide variety of optional features such as Franking Acknowledgment printer, internal alphanumeric OCR A and B character recognition, OCR E13B MICR Assist, and 3-track bi-directional Magnetic Stripe Reader (MSR), positioning it as one of the most versatile and reliable products in the marketplace.
Utilizing RDM’s Progressive MICR Method, the EC7000i Series of imagers deliver the industry’s highest MICR read accuracy which results in lower administrative returns due to MICR misreads and rejects. In addition to RDM’s industry leading “single pass” Progressive MICR Method, the optional OCR E13B MICR Assist feature can be enabled to provide maximum recognition, performance and accuracy to virtually 100% read rate. The EC7000i Series also captures crisp, clear binary images exceeding the industry’s requirements for legible images.
As an optional feature, the Franking Acknowledgment printer prints a fixed text message on the front face of the cheque facilitating the requirement for cheque defacement in one simple process, increasing efficiency, which is vital in the point-of-purchase (POP) environment.
Under application control, the bi-directional document drive in the EC7000i Series can be paused to hold documents pending an authorization decision. For approved transactions, cheques are returned to the user "face down" through the exit slot. Transactions that are denied cause the cheque to be returned to the user "face up" from the exit slot.
- Includes all of the industry leading features of RDM’s EC6000i Series
- Captures a high-quality two-sided binary image of the cheque in seconds
- Lowest cost two-sided imager in the industry
- Optional Franking Acknowledgement Printer
- Utilizes RDM’s patented Progressive MICR Method delivering the highest MICR read rate in the industry
- Optional bi-directional Magnetic Stripe Reader (MSR)
- Standard USB connectivity provides flexible connection to PC-based applications
- Standard 2-year manufacturer warranty